Friday, December 28, 2007
I have been knitting, just not taking the time to photo before gifting the items.
New year, new outlook!
Lately I haven't been too happy with any of my knitting, so I am missing that feeling of accomplishment of a job well done. I am looking for that next great project that will "save me" and make me feel like a knitter again.
Meantime, I need to find different employment.
no job satisfaction and
worse of all ~ no check. apparently I missed the memo that said that the time cards for the entire month of December needed to be turned in by December 7th in order to be paid over winter break. So here I sit, without a paycheck.
Sunday, August 19, 2007
I am beginning to resent the KAL for the speed it is going at. I find myself rushing through and overlooking mistakes for the sake of time. It is losing its' entertainment factor. I am currently struggling on row 136. Saturday Clue 4 came out and it takes us to row 203. This coming Saturday the 5th and final clue will come out. I don't think I will be midway through clue 3 ~ and I have been knitting on this exclusively!
sigh. it started out fun.
meanwhile I tried to drop out of ms3 (mystery stole) but can't seem to be able to. It's been three weeks and I am still getting emails. I have even enlisted the help of yahoo and they can't seem to fix it. sigh.
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Friday, August 03, 2007
Since I am knitting a shawl with a group that gets its "clues" once a week, it seems fitting that I should read a book suggests the reader read one chapter a day. Each chapter ending with a section called "Do the Tao Now"
Perhaps between the two activities I may learn to pace myself better, perhaps.
and just for fun . . .
from the author's website:
Based on a true story, Peony in Love uses the richness and magic of the Chinese afterlife to transcend death and explore the many manifestations of love. Ultimately, it’s about universal themes: the bonds of female friendship, the power of words, the desire all women have to be heard, and finally those emotions that are so strong that they transcend time, place, and perhaps even death.
Monday, July 30, 2007
Checked today @ ravelry . I couldn't remember if I had signed up or not and here is what I found out!
- You signed up on June 19, 2007
- You are #10065 on the list.
- 2789 people are ahead of you in line.
- 11391 people are behind you in line.
- 33% of the list has been invited so far
Meanwhile I have been picking up ufos around the house and finishing them up. That counts as cleaning, doesn't it
Saturday, July 14, 2007
I have earned this badge!
I am trying to knit Mystery Shawl 3
I have started with cotton ~ Mandarin Petite
and with acrylic ~ Cascade Cherub dk
I thought I was moving right along. then saw that my center line had shifted somewhere between chart B & C
So, i started again with new beads.
That effort was spilled upon.
there are things I can do from work and things that have to be done from home. posting pics is one of those things that I have to do from home. So, yes, I have done some sock knitting, some lace knitting and some knitting knitting. One thing I have not knit yet is a sweater. I have just been avoiding things that have to fit. I do socks and they have to fit, as well as gloves. i think it is more the fear of "some assembly required"
so . . . here are the last 2 pairs of socks that i have knit and have not yet passed along.
Monday, June 25, 2007
if i have to choose between knitting and blogging, well, there is no contest.
currently in the works:
- diagonal knit socks - I am really enjoying the pattern
- mystery shawl 3 - still can't decide what yarn and beads to use. so far i have set aside some mandarin petit and some infinity soy silk. i think i will try knitting the first clue on each and go from there. white yarn on both of them. i do keep thinking that a black shawl would be nice to have, but do I really want to try to work with black yarn, and I am trying very hard to be good and use up my stash.
- a top from knitty that is sitting in my bag using yarn I have frogged 3 times from sweater patterns i have liked the picture of but didnt like as I was knitting.
so, there is the latest on the knitting front.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
i am stealthily typing this while on shift at work - shh!
i now feel the need to update my blog - i have signed up for a couple of new KALs and need a place to post my progress, pics etc.
- mystery shawl 3
- Coachella http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/PATTcoachella.html
- socks to use my stash so I can justify buying something else
- dishcloths/washcloths - I have found that after awhile as a washcloth, I tend to relegate my less favorites to the kitchen.
more soon, but I have to go on break now!